[BitTorrent] Replacing web content.

Blue Boar BlueBoar at thievco.com
Thu Oct 14 17:32:09 EDT 2004

edavid3001 wrote:
> The idea being that the entire website could be contained within a
> .torrent file/files and updated by the website publisher.

It's been discussed before, I don't know of anyone working on it.  I'm
not the best person to ask, though.

The main problem for many sites is that they are to some degree very
dynamic, and therefore wouldn't be terribly suitable for many sites.
Think about Slashdot itself, for example.  It's updated several times
per second.

With a lot of adaptation, you could use pieces of BitTorrent concepts to
help enable that, but you won't have BitTorrent proper, anymore.

					BB