[BitTorrent] Webserver based clients

Olaf van der Spek OvdSpek at LIACS.NL
Wed Oct 20 08:33:55 EDT 2004

whitecrow wrote:

> My question to the group is, has anyone done any work on making a
> webserver side BT client?.
> I've been doing some searching over the past couple of days, and have
> found that the ABC BitTorrent client has a PHP web interface, this
> however still requires one to be running the ABC client on a machine.

The goal of my client (XBT Client) is to make that possible.
But even better, the user wouldn't need to copy a link to a form on a
server, the interface could just run on the client's machine.
However, the interface can't connect to a remote server yet.

> The situation I have now is that there are 3 people sharing a 5 mbit
> cable 'net connection. We all have found BitTorrent links for most of
> our downloading, and as some of you know, having multiple machines
> behind a NAT firewall running BT is not ideal. I would like to have
> one of my internal web/smb servers become a "download box" of sorts.

Multiple clients behind NAT with port forwarding isn't any problem.