[BitTorrent] Re: Dijjer & BitTorrent

Michael Lauzon mlauzon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:40:17 EST 2004

--- In BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com, "skybuckflying" <skybuck2000 at h...>
wrote:

> --- In BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com, "Michael Lauzon" <mlauzon at g...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Since Dijjer -- Dijjer is by the creator of Freenet --
> > (http://dijjer.sourceforge.net/) is GPL'd, will anyone creating
> > BitTorrent possibly incorporate the codebase into BitTorrent;
> > yes I realise that Dijjer is written in Java, but look at what the
> > people who did Azureus, took a Python program and rewrote it in
> > Java..?!
>
> I read the homepage.
>
> To me it is not clear how it works or how the clients help with
> distributing the content.
>
> Bye,
>   Skybuck

Here's the interview with Ian Clarke about the above mentioned Dijjer:

http://p2pnet.net/story/3082

Slyck.com has an article about LimeWire's version:

http://slyck.com/news.php?story=605

There's also a discussion on the p2p hacker's list about reliable UDP
transfers:

http://zgp.org/pipermail/p2p-hackers/2004-November/002135.html

I hope this helps.

Michael