[BitTorrent] Re: Are metainfo files (.torrent) text files ?

antipast0 at yahoo.com antipast0 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 11:31:02 EST 2004

This was my problem in writing a C# parser for these. I got into
counting bits and splicing up the bit arrays, but this gets into
BigEndian / Little Endian stuff... What is this "raw binary
format" ?? That is a little vague. I just never had the time to dig
into this... PHP and Java make it look easy, but with MS you have to
think about this binary stuff, and sadly, I'm not experienced, and
haven't had time to really research what makes MS.NET different.

My problem, ultimately, was that the SHA-1 hashes never matched the
hashes that all the other platforms had. Any binary gurus out there?!

Thomas Winningham
http://writtorrent.sf.net/