[BitTorrent] Re: Bittorrent choking itself?

Aaron Ingebrigtsen krepta3000 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 11:48:46 EST 2004

I take acception to the idea that Cable internet connections are
slow.  Mine has been WAY faster than any other connection I've ever
used, that includes the LAN at school.  And THAT LAN was on a 1GIG
WANlink between individual sites.  I am pretty sure their network
setup was screwed, though, thanks to an incompetent CEO.  Basicaly
the location where I went to school was the backbone link to the
internet, but the entire LAN at the school had to be routed to some
other location's LAN, which routed back to OUR location before it
could go out to the internet.  Stupid way to network.  And I'm the
top student in the Computer Networking and Information Technology
class, graduated with perfect attendance and perfect grades.  My
teachers all agree with me, and so does the entire IT department.

But, he who pays the bills makes the rules.  Stupid as it was, and
incredibly slow as it made our LAN's internet traffic, that's how
they wanted it setup, so that's how it was setup.  Morons.  Oh yeah,
and the other site's LAN kept having serious problems, and every
time THEY went down, OUR link to the internet went down too!
MORONS!!!

Grrrr.  Networking is really awesome stuff man, ooooo, yah. :)  But
bad networking is a migraine headache.

Krepta.