[BitTorrent] Re: Tracker URL working ;)

skybuckflying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 05:11:27 EST 2004

--- In BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com, Mike Ravkine <krypt at m...> wrote:
> skybuckflying wrote:
>
> >If you think programming is trivial maybe you should stop
programming
> >all together.
> >

> When did I say that? All I said was that building a URL is a fairly
> trivial programming excersise.

Well ok, I thought you said programming a bit torrent client was
trivial as well :D

Anyway programming is never trivial... make one little mistake
somewhere and the one billionth buffer overrun is born =D

> >I strongly suggest you spent your time more efficiently instead of
> >trying to remember long boring texts.
> >

> Again, I did not suggest that the text must be memorized.  However,
when
> you are designing a client that implements the client or server end
of
> some kind of internet standard don't you think it's wise to
actually
> _read the specification_ that applies to the standard you're trying
> implement?

Neh, windows has wininet which has already an implementation of the
http protocol. Besides from that I already read it once... possibly
not completely since most of it doesn't concern me. So far I have
tested wininet and http and microsoft's documentation contains things
about http which need to be set like http version or referrer that
sort of thing.

If I decide in the future to implement my own http implementation
then I might have to read that text... But even then I would prefer
some tutorials etc. Since the http specs might have been written by
the "inventors" which might make them harder to understand for
anybody really except them ;) So when a newbie/outsider looks at the
technology and decides to document it that documentation might be
much more easy to read from a newbie/outsider perspective ;)

Bye,
  Skybuck.