[SPAM] [BitTorrent] Re: BitTorrent and streaming media

Aaron Ingebrigtsen krepta3000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 23:57:33 EST 2004

Jeeze, I wish I had read this thread before I posted my message, it
totaly goes right into what I wanted to know.  Thanks guys. :)

Anyway, I'm interested in streaming MP3Pro accross P2P streaming
networks.  I really like BT, so I was hoping to find a BT
implementation of what I need.  I'll look into those other streaming
P2Ps mentioned previously, but I don't have high hopes for them
working out.  BT is already established and working great, but I
know nothing about those other P2Ps.

Well, thanks a bunch.

Krepta.

--- In BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com, "Mieke Banderas"
<miekebanderas at G...> wrote:
> Andrew Brampton said:
>
> >If you are interested in more links google for:
> >SplitStream, NICE, ZigZag, PROMISE, ScatterCast
> >(these are all P2P Streaming Networks of some kind)
> >
> >I have a private wiki that I'm collecting all my research on, I'm
willing to
> >give you access if you want to know more. But its very researchy,
and may
> >not be useful to a normal user (unless of course you like reading
papers)

> Thanks for your response Andrew. I have nothing against reading
papers
> but my main objective is to find a solution that could work for
> broadcasting radio in Mp3 and ACC format. This is for a non-
commercial
> project coming up late winter/early spring. I already have the
basic
> encoding gear in place (though I'd be happy to find a way to use
FastEnc
> under UNIX/OS X without paying trough my ears).
>
> I'm willing to read and learn more about technique, cooperation
> organisations and projects  and where the best deals within the
> international bandwidth arena can be found, but I'd like to avoid
> experimental technologies that can't be put to at least Alpha
usage for
> my stated purposes in January 2005 or so. Do any of the
technologies you