[BitTorrent] BitTorrent and streaming media

Mieke Banderas miekebanderas at GameBox.net
Wed Nov 17 12:34:31 EST 2004

Could some future adaption of BitTorrent be used for distributing
streaming media? If not by the end listeners/viewers, then by bigger
networks wanting to share bandwidth between them for streaming media
purposes.
If such scenarios are indeed not possible, what are the current
(technical) obstacles to this?

I know there is something called Coopnet, but I have yet to see an actual
implementation of it. If you know where I can find projects and
technology of this type, I'm all ears offlist (unless you think the
BitTorrent subscribers can benefit from the info).