[BitTorrent] Re: bencoding 0:

skybuckflying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 05:49:31 EST 2004

--- In BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com, "Olaf van der Spek" <OvdSpek at L...>
wrote:
> > Excellent :)
> >
> > So that means the minimum size of a string is 2 characters.
> >
> > I do wonder a bit about the "character set" being used...
> >
> > It's probably just ansi... and unicode is compatible with that...
lol.

> lol?
> ANSI or ASCII?

Yeah good question.

I thought the upper 128 bytes of ASCII together with the lower 128
bytes where called "ANSI" :)

I should have known better :D

The upper 128 bytes are simply an extension of ASCII

So that means ASCII and ANSI are two totally different character sets.

The question remains what the most used character set is for
operating systems...

I would place my money on ASCII at the moment =D

Bye,
  Skybuck  ;)