[BitTorrent] Re: Bittorrent choking itself?

Aaron Ingebrigtsen krepta3000 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 11:40:32 EST 2004

I've never experienced a network choke on BT, or any P2P except
Freenet.  But that was due to way too many tiny little files
crowding out the actually useful files, such as the graphics files
for Freesites.  I have, however, experienced Router chokes many
times.  My router has to be reset periodicaly becuase it just stops
routing packets, it just basicaly freezes, like a wittle baby,
waaaa, waaaa.

Anyway, most of the time my router is doing a pretty good job.  I
think maybe it just get's overheated with all the stuff I'm making
it handle.  Not only am I doing a lot of downloads from the
internet, which doesn't actualy take up anymore than a fraction of
my full local bandwidth, I'm also doing a lot of data transfers
across my LAN.  It's THAT stuff that chokes the router, not the
internet bandwidth traffic.  I'm on a 100mbps LAN, and my Cable
Internet is only like 1mbps bandwidth.  You figure out the math.
LOL. :)

Krepta.

--- In BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com, "fenixoblodra"