[BitTorrent] Re: bencoding 0:

skybuckflying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 06:20:02 EST 2004

--- In BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com, Vitenka <vitenka at n...> wrote:
> Just to add.
> Character set encoding is an unsolved issue.  Sticking with the
7bit
> basic ascii codes is your safest bet.  Some client replace anything
> other than a-z A-Z 0-9 _ with characters which are safe for that
> operating system.
>
> This is good, because some non-english clients sned some very
strange
> characters - since they assume that the clients are all in their
native
> character set.

Though as a follow up to my previous message...

I would find it quite cool if my bittorrent... (whatever it might
be... say azureus or maybe even my own) would be able to store
chinese filenames etc...

I would find it quite cool if my windows xp was able to display
chinese text as file names etc...

I would definetly like a tutorial on how to get chinese fonts/support
etc on my windows xp system... maybe even windows 98 can do it ;)

Then we will hopefully start seeing a lot of chinese filenames on
suprnova.org under the anime section maybe :D

That would be cool =D

Bye,
  Skybuck.