[BitTorrent] Campus Port Problems

Chris Chris at dal.ca
Tue Nov 2 03:32:14 EST 2004

Hi there,  I'm a bit of a newbie to both torrents and newsgroups (a
double threat)

I am having trouble finding an open port to increase download speeds.  I
alternate between usage of Azures and ABC, although it seems Azures is
the better client.  When I use Azures' configuration wizard to type in a
port, I'm either answered with 'unable to test port' or 'NAT error'.
I've obtained the ports by using programs to scan my computer for open
ports.

As in the title, I am on a campus network.  I suspect that the school
has blocked certain ports, but the fact that I can not get a single port
open port to work with a client baffles me.  Anyways, if any help can be
offered, or if anyone can point me in the direction of a place that
could help me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris