[BitTorrent] Re: Are metainfo files (.torrent) text files ?

mayor_mccheese76 mypublicaccount at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 15:02:18 EST 2004

--- In BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com, antipast0 at y... wrote:
> My problem, ultimately, was that the SHA-1 hashes never matched the

In .Net terms, raw binary format just means a Byte array is written
directly to the Stream.  I fail to see how endian-ness fits into the
picture, because all numbers are formated as strings.

The System.Security.Cryptography.SHA1 generates the hashes correctly.
 Most likely your problem is building the proper Byte array to pass to
it.  I found it easiest to first do a recursive decent parse of the
torrent file to get the start and end byte positions of the info
block.  Then re-read that block into an array.

If you would like to see my (VB.net) code which calcs the infohash,
just send me a mail.   mypublicaccout at yahoo dot com.