[BitTorrent] Increasing DL

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Tue Jun 15 10:42:40 EDT 2004

kaptandrews wrote:

> Just a user and not a programmer so I may be talking over my head but
> I have looked at a couple of posts and have heard people (including
> Bram) talk about a...
>
> "--max_upload_rate command line parameter."
>
> What is it and where to I find it? I have toyed with the command line
> of the .TORR extention in order to clear a connection error.
>
> I am currently getting on 5 to 15 kbs DL. I want to share but I also
> need to get the file to share it.

Talk about the stone age.  These days there are many, many clients that
let you intelligently manage your upload rate in the GUI so that it does
not choke off your connection and slow your download.  They also have
queues, scheduling/seeding rules, multiple torrents from a single
interface, and many other things that the mainline client lacks.  You
can use the command line if you really want to, but... Check out
Azureus, ABC, BitTornado, BitComet, TorrentStorm, etc...

Brian