[BitTorrent] Re: download never completes: failed hash check

wd3004 wd3004 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 11:54:43 EDT 2004

I have the same problem with a download (mad max 2) at this moment.
I've re-downloaded one piece for more than 100 times already. Since
there are more people stuck at 99.9%, I think it's more likely that
there's someting wrong with the file itself (and not with the
hardware you're using). I'm using a router and I've downloaded a lot
of Gigabytes already. I've seen a lot of failed hash checks, but
they were only temporaryly. I never had this problem before.
I've tried to download the file for a 2nd time, but it's exactly the
same piece that gives the failed hash check.
For the particular file I'm trying to download, the seeder's gone.
I guess reseeding should solve the problem...
For me, skipping the "rotten" piece would also help, but I don't
know how to manipulate the avi-file.
Wijnand