[BitTorrent] Re: bt2 protocol features

John Prevost j.prevost at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 17:58:39 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:24:37 +0200, Olaf van der Spek <ovdspek at liacs.nl> wrote:
> Isn't that only true when it's the only low-bandwidth peer?
> Because if there are multiple, then they can effectively share
> with eachother.

Sure.  But, well, they're already being penalized as it is.  And on
top of that, there's no real way to tell a slow peer from one that
just happens to be talking to someone else right now, but at some
point in the future will become your best peer.

I'd say that removing the keepalives and considering removing
"interested" and batching up "have" messages on unchoke would do a lot
more for this.  Disconnecting peers because they're "not good enough"
is far too dangerous.

John.