[BitTorrent] Falsifying uploaded and downloaded amounts?

Mike Ravkine krypt at mountaincable.net
Wed Jul 14 14:28:14 EDT 2004

Yes, it's very easy to falsify the transfer ammounts, it's just that nobody
has yet written an application that makes defeating these schemes "easy" for
the average user.
There are already a whole bunch of trackers that attempt to enforce a
certain up/down ratio, with penalties such as wait times on new torrents if
your ratio is below a certain threshold.  I give it a few more months, at
most, before authors of "bad" leecher clients incorporate an upload
multiplier feature..

--kRYPT