[BitTorrent] Really random?

rv8ch mc at rv8.ch
Tue Jul 6 04:09:05 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm a new torrent user, so please forgive me
if this question is already in the archives,
or on a FAQ.   I searched the FAQs and could
not find the answer, and Yahoo archives are
a bit of a pain, so I gave up after the second
screen.

I'm downloading a rather large file, about 3GB,
and I don't really see how it could be downloading
"random" chunks when the file seems to be growing
sequentially.  Could it be that when I started
the download, I didn't have enough disk space to
create the entire file, and then it defaults to
sequential download?  I've since freed up enough
space for the download.  I'm on windoze 2k.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Mickey