[BitTorrent] KEY tracker extension

Sugree Phatanapherom sugree at hpcnc.cpe.ku.ac.th
Wed Dec 29 22:09:30 EST 2004

I think you can make thing easier by forcing users to download modified
metadata that unique key has been included in announce-url. e.g.

http://user01-keylakjdfasdfafd.bittorrenttracker.com:6969/announce

Now, you can identify user from request url without concerning to
his/her ip. According to above example, you can set subdomain DNS
*.bittorrenttracker.com as default alias to bittorrenttracker.com. I
don't know how but it is possible.

Another method looks like below.

http://bittorrenttracker:6969/user01-keylakjdfasdfafd/announce

In this case, you don't need to modify DNS but instead, you have to
modify apache or your tracker to handle 404 file not found with your own
handler to split key out of request url.

Hope this helps,

Sugree Phatanapherom

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM