[BitTorrent] Need help debugging new client...

Bill Cox bill at viasic.com
Mon Dec 27 12:41:06 EST 2004

Hi.

I'm writing the btslave client in order to enable faster downloading
with the help of friends.  But that's another topic.

I've got the basic client mostly working.  However, for some reason, I'm
unable to pipeline piece requests.  The code all looks fine to me, and
I've checked the TCP packets with Ethereal, and compared to the packets
sent by Azureus.

If anyone has the time to help me out, I'd appreciate it.  The code can
be checkout out of CVS at btslave.sourceforge.net.  The Ethereal logs
can be downloaded from

http://btslave.sourceforge.net/foo
http://btslave.sourceforge.net/bar

The 'foo' file is a dump of traffic created by Azureus.  The 'bar' file
is btslave.  I've temporarily hard-wired the peer connection in btslave
to download from a particularly good Fedora Core 3 seeder.

When I set btslave to not do any request pipelining
(BS_REQUEST_QUEUE_DEPTH == 1), it runs, but downloads slowly.  When it's
set to 2 or higher, the peer only sends the first piece, and then sends
no further messages.

Feel free to reply directly to me:  bill at viasic.com.

Thanks in advance,
Bill