[BitTorrent] KEY tracker extension

John Hoffman theshadow at shambala.net
Wed Dec 29 15:31:51 EST 2004

The concept behind the "key" extension in the tracker announce is very
simple.  The peer chooses it randomly and will send the same value with
each announce.  This allows the tracker to verify the contactee is the
same peer even if its IP has changed, and lets the tracker update that
information.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM