[BitTorrent] Re: KEY tracker extension (and peer ids)

Harold Feit - Depthstrike.com Administrator dwknight at depthstrike.com
Thu Dec 30 11:09:22 EST 2004

The key announce paramater is an extension of the basic HTTP(S) based
announce protocol.

Generating new peer ids per individual torrent session is the way
that current clients do it in my logs. Even if multiple torrents are
active on the same port. The only time I have seen a peer id be
reused is when multiple trackers are announced to at the same time
for the same torrent.