[BitTorrent] Keep-Alive messages

Gregorio Roper gregorio at gmx.li
Thu Aug 19 07:34:10 EDT 2004

I'm receiving a high number of keep-alive messages with LimeWire: constantly ~40
keep-alive msgs/sec from about 300 BT connections.

At what interval are you sending these messages? (Note that LimeWire does not
send keep-alive messages, LimeWire is using the TCP keepalive protocol).

I have reason to believe that only a small number of hosts are sending
keep-alive messages at a very high and constant rate. Has anyone else noticed
anything like this?

mfg
gregorio