[BitTorrent] Connect to bittorrent user at IP, port 6881

Olaf van der Spek OvdSpek at LIACS.NL
Fri Aug 27 15:03:40 EDT 2004

> I'm actually writing a sig script. I want people to be able to point
> it to their IP and BT port, have the script connect and determine what
> torrents they are downloading, kind of like one of those "I'm
> currently playing these MP3's" scripts. I know how to "talk" the BT
> protocol; I'm just not clear on how to make that connection or if it's
> even possible out of security concerns. Of course, we all know that if
> you're downloading BT, big bro is watching ;-)

You need to send the info_hash to the client yourself first, so you have to
know what he's downloading already before making the connection.
You can't ask: "What are you downloading?".