[BL] Links2ssl and GMail

sindi keesan keesan at SDF.ORG
Wed Feb 26 11:01:19 EST 2014

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, dos lieber wrote:

> I am receiving and sending this email using LYNX for MSDOS through
> GMail IMAP and SMTP servers using SSL.
> The computer is a 80386 with 8 MBy memmory and an Ercules monocrome monitor.
> I have no problems
>
> Alejandro Lieber
> Rosario  Argentina

>> I used to be able to use Google Mail with Links2ssl.  Now it doesn't  seem
>> to work.  Have they changed something?  Is there a "work  around"?

Hi Alejandro - nice to hear from you again.
DOS hardly needs all that memory!
Have you tried Arachne at gmail?

elinks (with ssl) lets me sign in and read my mail.

netrik does not - cannot handle https, it says.  Nor does retawq.

I compiled and posted w3m versions 0.2.1, 0.4.2, 0.5.2, did not try them.
The latest stable version 0.5.3 is from 2011.  Project is still in
progress.  Does tables and cookies, 'authentication', but not javascript.

Dillo 0.8.6 (latest version I could compile, uses GTK 1.2) lets me fill in
login and password but then nothing happens.

Dillo 2.0 (in puppy linux) gives me a page with a space for password but
not for login.  FLTK-based - would not compile for me with BL2 for some
reason I forget.  Current version is 3.03.

Does GTK 2 (for Firefox newer than 2, Seamonkey 2) require kernel 2.6, or
a newer glibc that requires kernel 2.6?  There was some reason BL2 could
not handle GTK2.  Opera 10 needed newer glibc than 2.3.6.  Opera 12.10 +
needs glibc 2.8.  Opera is abandoning linux.

Sindi