[BL] Flash and Youtube

baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org
Sun Mar 20 10:49:44 EDT 2011

I am told that Flash 7 was usable for Youtube until last November, when
they changed the gui around the video, and it will take more hacking to
make it work again.

It should work with the script provided in my previous posting at most
other sites.  The script disables something in javascript at those sites
which tries to insist on the latest version of Flash.

There is a python-based script (was youtube-dl, now renamed to something
else) for downloading flv files, which mencoder can convert to avi,
playable by mplayer.  I did not try it.  You can also download youtube
videos as higher quality mp4 at http://keepvid.com and extract the mp3
from the mp4.  Someone provided a wget script for downloading a flv
directly.