[BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 96, Issue 3

baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org
Fri Mar 4 20:47:57 EST 2011

Message from Steven
===================

> The BasicLinux I am using is at this link:
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/baslinux/

That's BL3.

> If there is another that will make this easier
> please provide a link and I will use it.

No, BL3 is the one you should be using.

> The instructions I found were supposed to be generic,this is the link.
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/ISP-Hookup-HOWTO.html

Please ignore those instructions.

> I have been busy at work but asap I will try
> moving the modem to a different com port,

Which port is it on now?  COM1 is /dev/ttyS0
in the config file.  COM2 is /dev/ttyS1.

When you type ppp-on what happens?  Do you hear
anything?  Do you get an error message?  If so,
what does it say?

Cheers,
Steven