[BL] 40 columns and PDA as terminal

baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org
Sat Feb 2 12:05:31 EST 2008

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> If I were to add the line from BL2 to BL3, would it
> let me connect a serial terminal to BL3?

No, BL3 does not have a normal getty.  It does not have
a login prompt.

> I have the PDA terminal program set to LF.  CR or CRLF works the same.
> Eventually the line wraps, but it is not doing a carriage return.
>
> What did I omit to get the login prompt?

As I said before, I have not used a PDA as a dumb terminal
so I can't help you with that side of it.  Is it possible
for you to replace the PDA (temporarily) with a PC running
a DOS terminal program?  See if you get the same problem.

Cheers,
Steven