[b-hebrew] abrHm or abRhm?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 19:55:31 EDT 2013

Nir:

Within Hebrew I haven’t found substitutions between Alep, Heth and Ayin,
which leads me to suspect that they had very different pronunciations
during Biblical times. So that leads us back to the presupposition that the
names you list below came from different roots, different histories.

The story may be different when one deals with cognate languages, but then
so many things differ when cognate languages are concerned, so they’re not
a good example to access.

Karl W. Randolph.