[b-hebrew] Samaritan Pentateuch

Joseph Roberts josephroberts3 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 00:07:01 EDT 2013

Thank you for all the helpful responses!
Far be it from me to be afraid of learning a new script or alphabet! What
my major concern was finding an authoritative text for
the Samaritan Pentateuch. My area of study is not so much the Biblical
Hebrew as it is The Hebrew Bible as it relates to the Greek Septuagint. So
my major interest is the text in how it is different from the MT yet
similar to the LXX. My understanding was that Von Gall's text was
substandard because of it not taking into account newer manuscripts and how
he chose readings of the Samaritan Pentateuch that were in line with the MT
against readings that were unique.

--
Joseph Roberts ( UCC 1-308)