[b-hebrew] Abisha Scroll

Yohanan bin-Dawidh yohanan.bin.dawidh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 00:00:11 EDT 2013

Shalom Joseph,

The Samaritan Torah was written in Samaritan Hebrew script, and this is how
it is preserved. To my knowledge there is no version of the Samaritan Torah
in our current Hebrew script. The DSS were written in their respective
scripts too, and more often than not, YHWH was written in a much earlier
paleo-Hebrew, while the rest of the texts were written in a later version
of Hebrew.

Are you looking for the Samaritan Torah in our modern Hebrew script,
because it would be easier for you to read it as such? Characters are
characters, so just keep a guide to what Samaritan Hebrew script character
equates to our current Hebrew script character, and you have no problem
reading the text.

Regards,

Yo*h*anan bin-Dawidh

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Joseph Roberts <josephroberts3 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Greetings:
> does anyone know if there is a Hebrew block letter transcription of the
> Abisha scroll Samaritan Pentateuch?
> thanks
> --
> Joseph Roberts ( UCC 1-308)