[b-hebrew] abrhm

JimStinehart at aol.com JimStinehart at aol.com
Tue Mar 12 18:01:52 EDT 2013

Nir Cohen:
You wrote:  “it is quite possible that SRH is simply the hebrew translation
of the  aramaic SRY. and so, it may also be possible that ABRHM was merely
a BH  translation of the aramaic AB-RM.”
But no Aramaic version of $RY could possibly mean what  Genesis 17: 15-16
tells us the name %RH means:  “And God said unto Abraham, As for $RY  thy
wife, thou shalt not call her name $RY, but %RH shall her name be.  And I will
bless her, and give thee a  son also of her:  and she shall be a  mother of
nations:  kings of people  shall be of her.”
We need 4 elements for that meaning of  %RH/“Sarah”:
1.  She,
2.  [a] Son  [will bear],
3.  [per]  Divine [blessing],
4.  [who will  have a line of sons who are] King
(1) She  (2)  Son  (3) Divine  (4) King
Here are those 4 elements in the divinely-given name  %RH:
1.  -H =  “She”.  -H is the classic west  Semitic feminine ending,
applying to a majority of women’s names in the  Patriarchal narratives, and thus
effectively meaning:  “She”.
2.  % = sA =  “Son”.  Where ssade is emphatic sin  [so that “Isaac”
starts out being spelled with a ssade, but in later books of  the Bible is often
spelled with a sin, because the sounds were similar in  Hebrew], ssade/C as
the first letter in Joseph’s Egyptian name = sA = the  Egyptian word for “
son”.  [The  aleph/A that follows is not expressed by a separate Hebrew
letter in any of  these Biblical Egyptian names.]  Instead of the emphatic
sin/ssade/C that is in Joseph’s Egyptian name, we  have regular sin/% in Sarah’s
divinely-changed name.  In the divinely-changed name %RH:  % = sA = “Son”.
The same early Hebrew author who created  the names “Abraham” and “Sarah”
also created Joseph’s Egyptian name and the name  of Joseph’s Egyptian
master, so he knows what all of the elements in all of  these names in his
composition of the Patriarchal narratives mean.
3.  R = ra =  “Divine”.  As I noted previously,  the final resh/R standing
alone at the end of the name of Joseph’s Egyptian  master at Genesis 39: 1,
“Potiphar”, is agreed by all to be a divine reference,  meaning “ra”.  In
the Amarna  Letters, the divine name ra [which occurs in Akhenaten’s
prenomen], although in  Egyptian being spelled with an ending ayin/a, is recorded
by the Akkadian  cuneiform sign ri, which is R + generic vowel, with no
Akkadian cuneiform sign  for ayin.  The Biblical Hebrew  equivalent of the
Akkadian cuneiform sign ri is simply resh/R, with the generic  following vowel
not being represented by its own separate Hebrew letter in  defective
spelling.  So in the  divinely-changed name %RH:  R = ra =  “Divine”.
4.  %R = sA  ra = “King”, being the grandest, and most famous, title of
kingship held by the  pharaohs.  Though literally meaning  “son of Ra/God”,
the actual meaning is:  “divinely-appointed King”.
In my opinion, the early Hebrew author of the Patriarchal  narratives
created the names )B R HM and %R-H, and those names mean  e-x-a-c-t-l-y  what he
tells us they mean at Genesis  17: 5, 15-16.  In particular, %R as  the
Egyptian phrase sA ra in the divinely-given name “Sarah” is but a different
rendering of C P NT [sA pA nTr, where per Amarna Letter EA 60: 10 “na-te” in
Akkadian cuneiform renders nTr/netjer/divine, with na-te being NT in
alphabetical Biblical Hebrew] in Joseph’s Egyptian name, with both literally
meaning “son of God”, but with the actual meaning being:  “divinely-appointed
King”.
Don’t you see the early Hebrew author of the Patriarchal  narratives as
being utterly brilliant beyond belief?  I do.
Jim Stinehart
Evanston,  Illinois