[b-hebrew] Why tsere? (was ואילילה Micah 1:8) Development of 2mp pronominal suffix

Jonathan Mohler jonathan.mohler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 17:20:56 EDT 2013

Yes I am postulating that (A)KEM is related to (A)KAH.  That is, if you pluralize -KAH to -KAYIM, it would naturally develop into -KEM.  I don't have a theory for how the self-standing ATAH would engender the suffix -KAH.  As for ATEM it seems more likely to me that it developed from ATAYIM, a possible edenic origin for TWO words like TWAIN and TWIN.

Jonathan Mohler