Jonathan Mohler jonathan.mohler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 13:23:56 EDT 2013

On Jul 22, 2013, at 8:19 PM, b-hebrew-request at lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> On 22 Jul 2013, at 13:53, Isaac Fried wrote:
>
> Bear in mind that many of the biblical heroines, Rebekah, Rachel,
> Lea, Ruth, Esther, were just little girls (if I correctly remembers
> Rashi says Rebekah was 3 years old when she married Isaac, then she
> was "childless").

Abraham may very well have asked his servant to bring a child that they could raise up for Isaac; the story, however, does not read this way.

> The fact that Ruth was still a childless widow at
> the time, means she was about 14 years old. How old was Naomi? I
> would say about 30.

I'll buy that.  I agree with Jim also that Rebekah may have been 15, although he bases this on a half-year shanah.

> Isaac Fried, Boston University

Jonathan Mohler
Baptist Bible Graduate School
Springfield, MO