[b-hebrew] Best Intro Hebrew Materials

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 13:01:49 EDT 2013

Hi Barry,

Well, the one I would suggest is the one by Weingreen . . . Barry, Barry,
stop hitting me, put down that shotgun!

Actually, for all its faults, I still prefer Weingreen on account of the
order of presentation.

However, there is a new text just out by John Cook and Robert
Holmstedt, *Beginning
Biblical Hebrew: A Grammar and Illustrated Reader*, which has gotten some
rave reviews from some top-notch scholars.  So you might want to look at it.
You can get a little bit of a preview of it at Amazon.  You can also
download a draft copy at

http://individual.utoronto.ca/holmstedt/textbook/BHSG2010.pdf

Blessings,

Jerry