[b-hebrew] Why tsere? (was ואילילה Micah 1:8)

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 11:05:38 EDT 2013

Hi Pere,

I'm not quite sure what your question is.  If you're asking why we have
this anomalous situation, the answer is that this is the regular
vocalization for 1-yod verbs in the hiphil imperfect.  But if you're asking
why this happens in the hiphil, i.e., what are the series of steps that
account for why this is the vocalization in the hiphil, then perhaps
someone else can provide that information.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary