[b-hebrew] Ruth 1: 12 too old for a husband

Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 06:40:14 EDT 2013

How could she be too told to be a woman. She'll be a woman until she dies!

When it says להיות לאיש it means "to belong to a man." In other words, "to
get married."

It would not make sense, anyway, for her to say אני זקן, even in modern
Hebrew - since that is masculine. I'd render it in modern Hebrew as:

אני זקנה מידי ([ב]כדי\בשביל) להינשא לגבר

She was saying she's too told to get married again.

Jason Hare
Rehovot, Israel