[b-hebrew] Ezek 3:26

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:04:15 EDT 2013

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding on this one.  Just a few thoughts in reply.

(1) You say you have no training, but you have apparently had at least some
Hebrew.  Could you tell us what you have had?

(2) You said, “The root means as you know, to be clear, in the forefront,
shine, to demonstrate . . .”; but actually, I don’t know that.  What
resource did you get this information from?  Is this perhaps from an older
lexicon?

(3) I appreciate the attempt, but you can’t really take a root word apart
and obtain meaning from just part of the root.  So, it really isn’t
legitimate to read כח into יכח.

In any case, while I don’t think you get there by the right method, you are
nevertheless correct that the prophets were often thought to be not in
their right mind (see Jer 29:26; Hos 9:7).

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary