[b-hebrew] Ezek 3:26

Chris Watts dekruidnootjes at eircom.net
Tue Jul 16 18:43:48 EDT 2013

As you know I have no training.  So all I offer is an idea.  After
long thinking I came up with a translation that I think fits both
context and makes sense from the hebrew.  The root means as you know,
to be clear, in the forefront,  shine, to demonstrate, allthe way to
judge correct dispute in the hiphil; I then took hold of the two
letters כח which mean strength.  You need strength and clarity to
perform all of the tasks that you mentioned in  your description.  So
my translation would be:  "...you will be silent and you will appear
as one who is not in his right mind...." I think a colloquial
expression would have fitted the meaning, and looking at it from the
peoples' point of view who would see and know ezekiel this is how God
wanted him to appear for a short while (poor guy).

Chris Watts
Ireland