[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 00:43:23 EDT 2013

Karl: "OK, *you* define what *you* understand when you hear the phrase "one
unique meaning".  I want to know, did I use terminology that confuses
rather than elucidates? Why is it that my definition of the terms, which I
repeated several times, seem not to resonate in you?"

Jerry: I understand it to mean what you said it to mean:

Karl (5/4/2013): "When one looks at the actions referred to by a lexeme,
other than homonyms where two or more words from different roots have
converged in form, words generally have one meaning at any one point in
time."

Jerry: My reaction to that is the same one that Ruth had:

Ruth (5/4/2013): "I've seen it claimed here repeatedly that a single lexeme
necessarily has a

single meaning in all the contexts it is used in.  I think that is
nonsense."

Jerry: Karl, if you think you've been misunderstood, then I think the
burden is on you to do a better job of explaining yourself.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary