[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 00:26:20 EDT 2013

Karl: "I’d still like to know what you’d call it when non-native speakers
of a language mispronounce and misuse that learned, second language? When
it is a whole society, so that their misuse changes that learned, second
language to approximate their native tongue, how is that not corruption of
that learned, second language? If not corruption, what do you call it?"

Jerry: "The question begs the question in that I do not admit that this is
what happened.  I don’t believe the Masoretes misused the biblical text.  And
their pronunciations, while there could have been some minor differences,
were not substantial differences.  I would not call what the Masoretes'
work on the biblical text a corruption.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd