[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 13:41:51 EDT 2013

Jerry: "No, what I am arguing is that the word "strike" meaning miss was a
development from the idea of "striking"at the ball and attempting to hit
it."

Karl: "This is what I originally speculated, and at the time my
understanding was that you rejected this idea."

Jerry: No, Karl.  Your memory is faulty here.  I always argued that by a
series of steps, "strike," meaning to hit, came to mean to miss.  So strike
means to hit the ball and foul it off.  Strike means to swing and miss.
And strike means to stand there and watch the ball and the ump calls it a
strike, when you haven't even swung or attempted to hit it.  I never argued
anything differently.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd