[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 13:09:16 EDT 2013

Jerry: "Indeed, this is one of the reasons why I think it is illegitimate
to straitjacket the meaning of the biblical text into a preconceived
"single unique meaning" lexeme theory that at the same both ignores sound
linguistic theory and subjects the biblical text to one's own whims."

Karl: "This sounds like a complete misreading and misstating of what I do
and say. Whatever you mean by “single unique meaning”, it doesn’t sound at
all what I say. In other words, you play Humpty Dumpty with my words, and
make them say something other than what I intended. Evidence: you latch
onto that phrase in isolation without considering the whole of what I have
said on the subject."

Karl (5/3/2013): "So when one looks at a snapshot of a language, i.e. the
use of a language at one point in time, there are very few exceptions, even
in modern languages, that each lexeme has one unique meaning."

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary
Edmonton, Alberta
jshepherd53 at gmail.com