[b-hebrew] Amalek's attacks before the big battle of Ex 17:8?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 08:49:46 EDT 2013

George:

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM, George Athas <George.Athas at moore.edu.au>wrote:

>   It would be more honest of you, Karl, if you acknowledged in the first
> place that what you said was your own view …

It is not my own view. I didn’t make it up, rather it is one that I first
heard from others. When looking at all the evidence, I find it more
plausible than the Manetho derived histories espoused by the majority of
major university historians.

> … and not the view of the fallible majority, rather than making a sweeping
> statement that makes your own view sound like the accepted consensus.

Frankly, I don’t know where you get the idea that I claim that it’s the
accepted consensus. I thought I was very clear that it isn’t.

> Surely that would be more informative to us plebs who like to consider the
> consensus, and also more faithful to your own principled disdain for the
> consensus.

It’s not disdain I have for the consensus, rather I looked at it, and found
it failing.

I looked at the alternative to the consensus, and while it’s not perfect,
it seems to fit the facts from archeology and history far better than the
consensus.