[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sun Jul 14 22:15:10 EDT 2013

Present day Hebrew speakers tend to say KATAB-TEM with three vowels
and a stress on the second A, but to my ear, the "masoretic" KTAB-TEM
(as the $MAR-TEM of Jos. 22:2), with only two vowels (no schwa
"mobile"), and a stress on the E, sounds better. This is how I do it
when I recite Hebrew in public.

Isaac Fried, Boston University