[b-hebrew] כְּעֵין אֶבֶן תַּרְשִֽׁישׁ - "like the gleam of a Tarshish stone"? (Ezek 10:9)

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 20:18:05 EDT 2013

Hi Stewart,

I tend to agree with what David has suggested on this.  Although most
translations incorporate something like "gleam" in their rendering of this
phrase, I believe they are doing so rather dynamically, such that the
absolute word is influencing how the construct is translated.  But more
literally, the phrase would simply be, "as the appearance of a stone of
Tarshish" (or however one might bring

vyvi(r>T; over into English).

Blessings,

Jerry