[b-hebrew] Re: Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)

yahoo-arch at heplist.com yahoo-arch at heplist.com
Sat Jul 13 10:33:33 EDT 2013

Jerry wrote:
 > Besides this,
 > I believe the Masoretic is much more reliable than 99%.

I would have to disagree on such a high estimate of reliability. Just
browsing the transliterations found in the Hexapla (notably, the second
column, aka "Secunda") and the LXX would indicate there is certainly
room for doubts on the accuracy of the Masoretic pointing. For example,
the changes under Philippi's Law (accented, originallyclosed syllable
<i> becomes <a>) does not occur in the Hexapla or the Babylonian
vocalization, but does occur in the Masoretic/Tiberian pronunciation.

--
Ratson Naharädama
Denver, CO