[b-hebrew] Ecc 9:14

Chris Watts dekruidnootjes at eircom.net
Fri Jul 12 04:03:45 EDT 2013

Well No not really.  The slight issue here is that we think of Kings
and nations as vast countries with armiea numbering in their hundreds
of thousands.  But in those days a King could be incharge of just 2
or 5 cities and have an army of 5000 and the little town an army of
500 hidden behind well defended walls for example.  Now I know all
this is speculation, but it is based on common logic drawn from
accounts and historical episodes that I have read down through the
years.  I am remided of the account in Genesis where Abraham, for
example, sets of with just 500 of his servants and defeats 5 Kings,
not one, but 5. That should really sum it all up for an apetizer.
Chris Watts
Ireland