[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring'

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 15:59:17 EDT 2013

Hi Chris,

I think you've not correctly caught the difference the qal and hiphil of
RWM.  In the qal, the verb means to be high or to rise up.  But in the
hiphil the verb means to make a second object to be high or to raise it
up.  So for this particular verb, the hiphil works quite well as a
causative.  Indeed, it might be said that for this particular verb, in the
qal stem it is intransitive, but in the hiphil it is transitive.  This
isn't always the case with all verbs, but with this particular verb it is.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary