[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring'

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 02:05:14 EDT 2013

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for a very full and clear explanation, and one with which I think
I mostly agree.  However, though I was tracking with you pretty well, you
got me scratching my head with that last paragraph:

"In Exodus 8:1 The imperative "let my people go"
שַׁלַּ֥ח<http://strongsnumbers.com/hebrew/7971.htm>
*shallach* is a causative of "go" *halach*
I don't know if you meant that $LX is in the same semantic field as HLK and
thus serves as kind of synonym for HLK, but
שַׁלַּ֥ח<http://strongsnumbers.com/hebrew/7971.htm>  is
simply a Piel imperative of $LX. So, nothing mysterious going on here.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary